Brain Tumor Be Gone!!

Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy and comfortable

I'm pleased to report that dad seems to be doing very well these days. He is enjoying slowly unpacking all his boxes in the den/office....each box like a treasure chest for which he takes much time pouring over the old books, records and trinkets within. This is someone who truly appreciates their things. (One of dad's favorite sayings is "I'd rather appreciate things I can not have than have things I can not appreciate.")

He even unearthed a box of me and Jenny's old school projects... pure gold. I'm grateful that he took the time to archive these for us and I look forward to when Ava can look through these and have a good laugh and maybe learn a little bit about what I was like as a little girl.

Otherwise, dad is enjoying relaxing on the back deck and soaking up all the of natural beauty they have been blessed with in their new home and neighborhood. It's a naturalist's dream. So far we've been treated to spectacular nightly firefly shows at dusk, little green lizards that move slowly enough to let you appreciate their vibrant color, cotton tailed bunny rabbits, fiery red cardinals, many varieties of birds, unusually tame squirrels and one large turtle, approximately 12" in diameter according to mom.

No comments: