Brain Tumor Be Gone!!

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Feeling better

Last week dad had a check up with a new internist. It was a very productive appointment because it was his belief that dad is somewhat over-medicated (my thoughts exactly...). They discovered that his blood pressure was EXTREMELY low and took it several times to make sure they had the right reading because apparently it was that unbelievable. Unbelievable because he's been on high blood pressure pills! So that would explain some of the overwhelming fatigue.... His levels of Keppra were also too high, so they decreased that, and took out the blood pressure meds altogether. When I saw him today he actually seemed somewhat more aware and dare I say a little chipper. I was so happy I hugged him twice.

In other news, mom and dad's neighborhood is heavily dotted with very large, shady, beautiful trees. Sadly, during a voracious storm last week, one of these scenic beauties that resided in there front yard came crashing down, narrowly missing a serious run-in with the garage. Sadly, she was dismembered and carried away. Now my shady parking spot has been eliminated. I should also mention that several other large trees in the neighborhood fell victim to these 60+ mph winds. Tree trimmers are rolling in the dough this week.

No comments: